Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. #2
It's time for week two on the Whole30! Audrey and I are starting to get into the groove with this meal planning thing. We spend Tuesday and Wednesday dreaming up some varying but complimentary meals. Then shop on Wednesday. Cook/ cut/ prep/ (dance) and document on Thursday. Then I put the post together at the end of the day Friday.
Last week was a pretty easy start. Not too many temptations, but we haven't gone out with friends or met up wit family yet, and that always presents a challenge. Let's see how this weekend treats us. Some of the members are my gym, Free Range CrossFit, are already noticing some changes in energy and how they feel/look in the morning. Pretty encouraging stuff considering we just started. Keep it up guys!
This week we are using some Scotch eggs for breakfast and adding a tomato basil soup as a side for lunches and dinners. Just mixing things up to see how we like them to add variety and squeeze in some more soup before it gets too hot here in Arizona! The prep work took around 3 hours including documentation, and we doubled nearly everything to account for the both of us. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Scotch Eggs, a.k.a., Protein Pellets
- 1. In a large pot, fill with enough cold water to cover eggs.
- 2. Cover and bring water to a boil.
- 3. Reduce heat slightly, uncover and let boil lightly for 10 minutes.
- 4. Remove eggs from water and immediately place in ICE COLD water.
- 5. Mix 2.5lbs of ground pork with italian sausage seasoning.
- 6. Peel eggs and wrap each egg with italian sausage.
- 14 eggs
- 2.5 lbs of ground pork
- 2.5 tablespoons Penzeys Italian Sausage Seasoning
Tomato Basil Soup & Oh My Goulash Prep
- 1. Chop onions. (This may be good enough reason to track down some frozen, chopped yellow onion).
- 2. Chop squash and zucchini
- 3. Chop red bell pepper
- 4. Dice carrots
- 5. Dice Anaheim pepper (seeded), Serrano pepper (seeded)
- 6. Mince shallot
- 5.5 onions
- 2 lbs summer squash (1# zucchini, 1# yellow)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2-3 carrots
- Anaheim pepper
- Serrano Pepper
- 1 large shallot
Herb Grilled Pork Chops & Mini Burgs prep
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2. Grate onion, zucchini and carrot.
- 3. Half the brussels sprouts.
- 4. Coat the sprouts with sea salt and olive oil.
- 5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until they start to brown. Stir them up after about 12 minutes.
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 large zucchini
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 bag of brussels sprouts
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Mom’s Curry Chicken & Primal Jambalaya & Crock Pot Carnitas Prep
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F.
- 2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3. Roast chicken for 25-30 minutes. Flip the thighs at 15 minutes.
- 4. While chicken cooks, grate cauliflower and place them in three different containers/ziplock bags.
- 5. Chop onions and place in storage container.
- 6. Chop bell peppers and place in storage container.
- 7. Chop mushrooms and place in storage container.
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3-4 heads of cauliflower
- 1 package of mushrooms
- 4 lbs chicken thighs